Wood Garage Doors
Schedule An Appointment!
Why Our Clients Love Wood Garage Doors
Wood garage doors are beautiful, natural, custom-designed doors that add an extra flair of uniqueness to your home. The custom wood gives your home warmth while also increasing your curb appeal. Wood doors are built on demand, which allows you to create a unique wood garage door design, perfect for your home. We are here to give your home the garage door of your dreams. If you are in Connecticut and you are ready to upgrade your home with the ultimate wood garage door, you can trust us to install it.
Real Wood Garage Doors
What Are Wood Garage Doors?
Real wood doors are durable and long-lasting. They can complement any home. Real wood doors also resist denting and scratching due to the strong wood used to make them. However, as beautiful real wood garage doors are, outside factors such as moisture buildup and pests can cause you to need more frequent maintenance to preserve them. Since real wood doors are made entirely of wood, they will need refinishing every few years to reseal the wood and keep the appearance. This is why you should find a company that you trust to take care of your real wood garage door installation and repairs for years to come.
Your Options for Wood Garage Doors
Your real wood garage door is completely customizable. You get to choose the exact design that meets your garage door needs. The options for wood species are:
- Douglas Fir
- Walnut Wood
- Western Red Cedar
- Grey Board
- White Oak
- Barn Siding (Mixed Oak)
- West Coast Hemlock
- African Mahogany
- Red Oak
Based on the local climate and design of your home, we can recommend the best wood for your new garage doors. Together, we will help you choose a beautiful new wood door to upgrade your curb appeal for years to come!
Faux Wood Garage Doors Have Even More Benefits!
What Are Faux Wood Garage Doors?
Wood-look garage doors give your home the look and feel of a real wood garage door without the high cost or frequent maintenance. Wood-look garage doors are steel doors with a wood-like overlay. Faux wood garage doors are durable and long-lasting, helping you avoid potential damages that can occur with real wood doors.
With faux wood doors, you also still get the option of insulation, meaning you don’t have to give up temperature or noise control. So upgrade your home with faux wood doors, enhancing your curb appeal while avoiding some of the costly repairs that come with real wood doors.
Which Kind of Wood Garage Door Is Best For You?
Deciding on whether to get a real wood garage door or a wood look garage door is a tough decision, but it is solely based on what your garage door needs and wants are. There are a few things to take into consideration when choosing what type of wood garage door is best for you.
- Cost – Real wood doors are custom measured and handmade to fit your home. They also require a special finish and grain. These customizations mean they are a more expensive choice. So in terms of managing budget, faux wood doors are a more cost-effective option.
- Wait Time – Real wood garage doors have a longer wait time due to being custom built to your specifications. Depending on how quickly you want your new door installed, we’ll have to discuss whether a faux wood garage door or a real wood garage door would best fit your timeline.
- Home’s Value – Although both faux and real wood garage doors will increase your curb appeal, real wood doors will increase your home’s value the most dramatically. Real wood garage doors also add huge value to the resale value of your home.
- Maintenance – Real wood doors require consistent maintenance over time, while faux wood garage doors will just need the regular maintenance that any steel door would need. If you are looking for less maintenance overall, then wood look garage doors are the better choice.
When you are ready to give your home a new look, then JAG & Sons Overhead Door can handle it. Our team is fully equipped to install, service, and maintain both wood and faux wood garage door installations. Learn more about our wood garage door options by contacting us today!
Over 200+ Reviews
Discover What Customers Are Saying About Us!
What are the benefits of faux wood garage doors?
Faux wood garage doors are a great choice for homeowners who want a reliable, low-maintenance garage door. With faux wood garage doors, you can still have a wood like garage door for an affordable price. Faux wood garage doors are also less susceptible to cracking as they age, and tend to need fewer repairs.
How do I maintain my real wood garage door?
For your real wood garage door to stay in good condition, it needs regular maintenance. Real wood garage door maintenance includes:
- Keep your garage door clean from dirt and moisture.
- Keep an eye out for pests such as termites, beetles, snails, and slugs.
- Have a professional inspect the door frequently.
- Look for wood rot.
- Choose a durable coat of finisher.
- Annually remove chips and peeling before applying another coat of finish.
Can real wood garage doors be insulated?
Yes, real wood garage doors can be insulated. Unlike steel garage doors, real wood doors can only be insulated on the back using rigid insulation such as a foam board. However, wood garage doors don’t frequently need insulation as they have better natural temperature control.