New Garage Door Installation
New Garage Door Installation from Top Brands
J.A.G. & Sons Overhead Door understands that our customers are looking for quality new garage door installation, timely and friendly service, and a great warranty. This is why we train our technicians on the best products and teach them how to provide excellent service to every customer. With over 20 years of experience in the garage door industry, you can be sure we will find the best solution for your home. View the sections below to explore the new garage door style, construction, track, and accessories options that we offer.
Schedule An Appointment!
1. Choose Your Garage Door Style
A new garage door can be an excellent statement piece to complement the exterior design of your home. From historic to mid-century modern garage doors, the architecture of your home will shape the design of your new garage door. There are multiple garage door styles, materials, and features available so making sure you choose the right door for new garage door installation in your home is crucial. Feel free to call us at (203) 456-9133 or (203) 457-8969 to get more information on the different styles we sell. Also, check out our Garage Door Design Gallery to get an idea of what you want from a new garage door.
Garage Door Styles
- Carriage Garage Doors – A carriage style garage door is available in steel, faux wood, and real wood options in multiple wood grains and colors. It is designed with carriage stamp or overlay paneling depending on your preferences. Dark hardware, including door handles and hinges, is often used to complete the look of carriage doors.
- Traditional Garage Doors – Traditional garage doors are the most popular choice for American homeowners. They have symmetrical raised paneling that runs horizontally across all sections of the door. These come available in all material and color options for whatever customizations you want.
- Modern Garage Doors – Clean, simple lines characterize modern style and mid century modern garage doors. They tend to feature full-view glass and bold combinations of metal accents. Also, unique paneling or window configurations are popular to create a personalized look for your door.
Garage Door Materials
- Wood Garage Doors – Wood garage doors are available in faux and real wood varieties. Faux wood garage doors are steel garage doors that look like wood because of a wood composite overlay. Real wood garage doors are custom-made to your specifications and the opening of your home for a completely unique product.
- Steel Garage Doors – Steel garage doors are the standard choice for most homeowners. They are available in all of the above styles with multiple color, insulation, and window options.
- Aluminum Garage Doors – Aluminum is a high-quality option to outfit your home with a reliable, long-lasting garage door. It is also a common choice for framing glass garage doors because it is lighter in weight than other materials.
- Glass Garage Doors – Full-view glass garage doors are an excellent option to upgrade your home with a modern door. Manufacturers can make them in whatever glass color and texture you choose.
- Insulated Garage Doors – Steel garage doors are available in up to three layers of insulation depending on your temperature and sound control needs for your garage.
- Painted Garage Doors – Your new garage door can be painted any color you choose to complement your home’s exterior.
- Windowed Garage Doors – Install windows in your new garage door in multiple pane, color, and texture choices.
There are many things to consider before purchasing a new garage door. At J.A.G. & Sons, we want you to be happy with the new garage door style you choose. You can trust us to take care of the rest! For garage door services near you, contact us today!
Carriage Garage Doors
Traditional Garage Doors
Modern Garage Doors
2. Choose Door Construction
There are multiple important factors when choosing new garage door construction including insulation, quality, and durability. At J.A.G. & Sons, our team of garage door specialists strives to provide quality services that will better the functional and aesthetic qualities of your home.
At J.A.G. & Sons, we only sell and install new garage doors that meet our high-quality standards. Whether you are looking for a wood composite, wood carriage, or steel door, you can trust the garage door repairmen near you to install it correctly.
In addition to wood or steel composite types, we sell non-insulated, two-layer, and three-layer insulated garage doors to fit your noise or temperature control needs. A non-insulated door will simply be the steel sections. Two layers of insulation will include exposed insulation on the interior of your garage door. Three layers of insulation will be polyurethane or polystyrene insulation sandwiched between two layers of steel. As you move up in layers of insulation, your ability to control the noise of your garage door and the temperature of your garage move up as well. That means if you want the best in quiet and energy efficiency, choose a three-layer insulated new garage door for your home.
3. Choose Garage Door Track and Opener
It is important to consider ceiling height and type of opener when choosing the type of track you want to be installed with your new garage door. Our tracks include low-headroom, high-lift, and 10, 12, 15, 20, and 32-inch radius tracks depending on the height of your ceiling. Low-head room tracks are shorter than a standard 15-inch radius which is great if you have especially short ceilings. On the other end, high lift tracks add additional hardware to your tracks to allow your garage door to sit higher. These are for garages that have tall ceilings. They can allow you to have a car lift or additional ceiling storage in your garage. For the standard radius options, we can determine which will best suit your garage needs.
For garage door openers, we use chain drive, screw drive, belt drive, direct drive, and jackshaft. Each of these opener types operates at different noise levels and degrees of reliability. For the quietest, long-term function, we recommend belt drive or direct drive openers. For the most affordability, a chain drive or screw drive opener will be the best option for you. No matter your specific needs for a new garage door opener, we can install it with the best workmanship and speedy turnaround times on service.
If you are confused about which track system will be best for your garage door, contact us for a free estimate at (203) 456-9133 or (203) 457-8969. We’ll come out to address any issues with your garage door and give you an estimate for free.
4. Choose Garage Door Accessories
Garage door accessories can range from the coating or colors of your exterior and interior hardware to the springs, rollers, and openers that improve the functionality of your new garage door installation. In terms of design, we can customize your exterior door with various colors, panels, windows, and decorative handles to match your home.
For the interior of your garage, we offer powder coating of tracks to ensure they blend seamlessly into space and last for decades. Lastly, you can select high-cycle springs and upgraded rollers to ensure the functionality and longevity of your garage door system.
How do I keep my garage doors looking new?
If you want to keep the appearance of your garage door up, then you should make sure it is clean of all dirt and debris. To clean your garage door, you simply wash it with mild detergent and water. It is important to use gentle ingredients on your garage door to ensure the finish does not get damaged.
Which garage door manufacturers do you offer?
We offer garage doors from Clopay, Haas Doors, Fimbel ADS, and Northwest Doors. These manufacturers have a large selection of high-quality garage doors that come in a variety of styles, colors, materials, and construction. This means we can find the perfect overhead door for your style and budget!
Can I insulate my glass garage door?
Yes! When you choose a glass garage door, you can pick either standard glass or insulated glass. You can also have the aluminum frame filled with insulation for increased durability and energy efficiency.
“I would recommend this company to anyone.”
My garage door was in desperate need of being replaced. I was referred to JAG & Sons by a friend of mine. They got the job done efficiently and my new door works and looks great! I would recommend this company to anyone. Thanks again.
“Very happy with our new garage door.”
Very happy with our new garage door. Greg did a great job, very dependable. Would highly recommend him.
“J.A.G & Sons said did good work.”
Needed new garage door asked around two different people gave same place J.A.G & sons said did good work. Reference was 100pct accurate couldn’t be more happier with knowledge of product & customer service. Would highly recommend